Saturday, November 5, 2011

Petit Pain Au Chocolat

Baking is always an adventure. I love trying new things. I especially love when whatever I am trying comes out just lovely. I made chocolate croissants for the first time not too long ago. A lengthy process for a delicious treat that you can easily demolish in thirty seconds or less. For some reason I forgot to save the recipe that I used for the croissants that I baked. But I did find another recipe that is similar to the one I used!

Petit Pain Au Chocolat

Here are some pictures of the croissant making process:

1. Get yourself some chocolate.

2. Roll out your dough.


3. Cut your dough into strips. Hint: Chocolate croissants are traditionally not formed in the crescent shape.


4. Starting at one edge of the dough, take a piece of chocolate and tightly roll it in the dough.


5. Time to bake! 


6. Time to eat!


You can see that the croissant has a ton of flaky layers and the fluffy bread in between the layers. They really are bread-pastry hybrids!




No comments:

Post a Comment